Remembering Samuel Goldwyn, Jr.
"What is amazing to me is not just the legacy of extraordinary generosity from Sam and his family, but the impact their giving has had on so many people in our industry."
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, Chairman of the MPTF Foundation
His passion for the entertainment industry and for the people who dedicate their lives to creating magic on screen may have been ignited by his father, Samuel Goldwyn, but Samuel Goldwyn, Jr.’s enormous philanthropic spirit evolved in its own right. His many years of leadership and generosity have been transformational for MPTF, and have made him a role model for the action of taking care of our own. We are honored to have been touched by his great legacy. His loss will be deeply felt, but his impact will resonate for generations to come.
The Goldwyn family at the October 2014 dedication of the Samuel Goldwyn, Jr. Center for Behavioral Health at MPTF.
"If you're in need, MPTF is there. It's as simple as that."
- Yvette Nicole Brown, Actress
Your commitment to MPTF allows this 93-year old organization to continue taking care of our own by providing essential programs to the entertainment industry community.
Your donation to MPTF supports:
• Country House Fund: resources to cover care and living expenses as well as costs associated with general comfort and well being for residents in need.
• Community Care Fund: social services and charitable assistance programs to help provide emotional and financial relief to those experiencing hardship.
• Compassionate Care Fund: socio-medical services to provide the best quality of life for those individuals challenged with the most complex or life limiting conditions.
To donate via phone or report any concerns/problems when making an online donation, please call our Donor Relations department at 818-876-1977. To donate by mail, make your check payable to MPTF and send to: P.O. Box 51151, Los Angeles, CA 90051-9727.